Baby Shower Luncheon
Lunch Menu Ideas and Recipes
A baby shower luncheon usually takes place between 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. If you are making the food yourself or having a casual shower, I would recommend serving a buffet type menu with lots of finger foods and appetizers.
Baby shower finger foods are
great because they can be eaten without using a knife and fork. This
allows people to walk around and mingle while they are eating.
We have chosen baby shower food suggestions that are both delicious and simple to make. This way you can serve great food and still have time to enjoy the party.
Baby Shower Luncheon-
trays and platters are an easy way to serve a group. Here are a few
Veggie Tray- cut up fresh vegetables and arrange them on a platter. Put dip or hummus in the middle for dipping.
Fruit Tray- put out fresh fruit with yogurt or caramel sauce for dipping. You could also make fruit kabobs by putting pieces of fruit on skewers.
Cheese and Crackers- this is always a snacking favorite. Put out a variety of cheeses and crackers on a platter.
Antipasto Platter- mozzarella cheese, olives, pepperoni, roasted red peppers and marinated artichoke hearts
Baby Shower Luncheon- appetizers and finger foodsRanch Buffalo Wings (6-8 servings)
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine melted
- 1/4 cup hot pepper sauce
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 24 chicken wing drumettes
- 1 package (1oz.) Hidden Valley Ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup prepared ranch dressing
- celery sticks
Preheat oven to 350. In small bowl, whisk together butter, pepper sauce and vinegar. Dip drumettes into butter mixture; arrange in single layer in large baking pan, sprinkle with 1 package salad dressing mix.
Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until chicken is browned and juices run clear when pierced. Sprinkle with paprika. Serve with ranch dressing and celery sticks.
Meatballs- These meatballs are a quick and easy party favorite, just throw a few ingredients in the crock pot and let them cook. Serve them right out of the crock pot.
- 2- (12 oz.) jars of Heinz chili sauce
- 1 (32 oz.) jar of grape jelly
- 1 bag of frozen meatballs (about 80 in a bag)
Put chili sauce and jelly in a large crock pot, heat until jelly is melted and sauce is smooth, stirring often. Add frozen meatballs and heat on high for 1 hour then simmer on low heat for 3 hours
Spinach Pinwheels (30 servings)
2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent rolls
1 (7 ounce) package garlic herb cheese spread
1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2.Split crescent dough in half along center perforation. Flatten one rectangle, sealing perforations. Spread with 1/4 of the cheese spread and sprinkle with spinach. Starting with long side, roll dough up, rolling back and forth several times to seal edges. Cut into 3/4 inch slices (about 15 slices per roll). Arrange the slices one inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Continue making the crescent roll ups until all of the ingredients are used.
3.Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly browned. Serve immediately or keep warm on a warming tray.
More Baby Shower Luncheon Ideas:
- Shrimp Cocktail
- Sandwiches- You can make your
sandwiches ahead of time and cut them in triangles. Or, roll up your
meats and cheeses and put on a platter. Put out some bread and
condiments and let your guests assemble their own.
- Pasta Salad
Baby Shower Luncheon- Desserts
1 bag (12 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
1/4 cup whipping (heavy) cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
powdered sugar, if desired
Baking cocoa, if desired
1. Line cookie sheet with foil or parchment paper. In heavy 2-quart saucepan, melt chocolate chips and butter over low heat, stirring constantly; remove from heat.
2. Stir in whipping cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Refrigerate 30 to 60 minutes, stirring frequently, just until firm enough to roll into balls.
3. Drop mixture by tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Shape into balls, ( If mixture is too sticky, refrigerate until firm enough to shape.) Refrigerate about 1 hour until firm.
4. Sprinkle half of the truffles with powdered sugar and half with cocoa. Remove truffles from refrigerator about 30 minutes before serving; serve at room temperature.
More dessert ideas:
Cookies- see our baby shower cookie page for ideas and recipes
Cupcakes- we also have some cute and creative baby shower cupcakes