Baby Shower Brunch
Menu Ideas + Recipes
A baby shower brunch menu is a good choice if you are having an early shower, between 10:00 am and 2:00 pm. Brunch is a combination of breakfast and lunch, which gives you a lot of options when it comes to choosing your menu.
A brunch menu should include both breakfast selections and lunch options. An assortment of rolls, cheeses, and fruits are also common. We have brunch menu ideas and recipes that are both delicious and easy to put together.
Here is a sample brunch menu:
Put out an assortment of pastries and baked goods like warm cinnamon buns, donuts, muffins, bagels and croissants.
Roasted potatoes or hashbrowns
Bacon and/or sausage
Baby Shower Brunch Recipes:
Broccoli and Cheese Quiche
2 tablespoons butter
1 onion, minced
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 cups fresh chopped broccoli
1 9-inch unbaked pie crust
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
4 eggs well beaten
1 1/2 cups milk
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Over medium heat, melt butter in large saucepan. Add onions, garlic and broccoli. Cook slowly, stirring occasionally until vegetables are soft. Spoon mixture into crust and sprinkle with cheese.
3. Combine eggs and milk. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in melted butter and pour the egg mixture over vegetables.
4. Bake for 30 minutes or until the center of the quiche sets.
Tater Tot CasseroleThis might sound weird, but it was so good and simple to make! The recipe below makes more than is shown in the photo. We put some in a pie pan for presentation purposes, but it makes much more.
1- 2 pound bag frozen tater tots
2 (10 3/4 oz.) cans cream of chicken soup
2 cups sour cream
2 (6 oz.) package Monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
1 (8 oz..) package of colby cheese, shredded
1 teaspoon of black pepper
1 (6 oz.) container of french fried onions.
1. Mix all ingredients except colby cheese and onions in large bowl.
2. Put into 9x13 inch pan and bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
3. Top with colby and french fried onions, bake 5-10 minutes more.
Sausage Gravy- recipe by Paula Dean
We put the finished gravy in a crock pot to keep it warm. Serve over biscuits.
1 pound ground sausage
4 slices bacon
1/2 cup onion
3 tablespoons all purpose flour
2 cups half & half
2 teaspoons black pepper
2 tablespoons butter
1. In large skillet, combine sausage, bacon, onion. Cook over medium heat 8-10 minutes until browned.
2. Stir in flour and cook 2-3 minutes. Stir frequently.
3. Gradually stir in half and half. Add salt and pepper and cook 3-4 minutes until thickened.
4. Remove from heat and stir in butter.
Baby Shower Brunch Menu- Lunch Items
Serve a few light lunch items on your brunch menu also. Here are a few examples:
Finger sandwiches- egg salad, chicken salad, and turkey and cheese are always good choices.
Veggie tray- put out a variety of cut up vegetables like broccoli, carrots, celery, cauliflower and cherry tomatoes on a platter with ranch or blue cheese dressing in the middle for dipping.
Dips- served with bread, chips, or crackers
Baby Shower Brunch Recipes:
Hot Artichoke Dip- This dip is really yummy and easy to make! Serve with chips or crackers.
14 oz can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
4 oz. canned chopped green chilies
8oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 clove garlic, crushed
Mix ingredients well and place in pie dish. Add Parmesan cheese on top and broil until top is brown.
Lettuce (any kind)
blue cheese crumbles
avocado, cut into small chunks
boiled eggs, chopped
tomatoes, chopped and seeded
cooked bacon, crumbled
1. Fill large salad bowl with lettuce (we used a truffle bowl)
2. Layer remaining ingredients in rows like the photo above.
3. Serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing.
Chicken Salad Cups
Make your favorite chicken salad recipe, then spoon the mixture into mini phyllo cup shells. You can find the phyllo cups in the frozen section in the grocery store. Just let them thaw at room temperature and add filling of your choice.
Baby Shower Brunch Ideas- Beverages
Mimosas (orange juice and champagne)
Water with lemon
Baby Shower Brunch- Desserts
1 angel food cake
1 large box vanilla pudding (not instant)
2 small packages sliced strawberries, thawed
1 small container whipped topping or 1/2 pint whipped cream
Mix the pudding according to package directions. Cool completely. Cut the cake into bite-size pieces, and layer 1/2 of the pieces in the bottom of the trifle dish. Top with 1/2 of the pudding and 1/2 of the strawberries. Layer each ingredient again. Spread top with whipped topping or cream
More dessert ideas:
Cookies- see our baby shower cookies for fun ideas and recipes.
Cupcakes- we also have many creative baby shower cupcake ideas.
Hope you found some great ideas for your baby shower brunch! Many of the recipes and photos are from our vintage baby shower. Make to sure to take a look for decorating ideas.